Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Craziness!

Hmm.. Craziness! That word describes my life for the past week or two.. I am sad because I haven't had time to blog, though (or even time to read my favorite blogs)!

I feel like I have been going non-stop... and I still am!
Meal-planning?? Let's just say 'down the drain' if you will! This should be something that's easy and comes naturally... for some reason I find it more difficult and time consuming... BUT, yesterday I had a Pampered Chef party and learned something that might make things easier. Power cooking. Power cooking is when you prepare meals ahead of time to store in your freezer so they are a breeze when you go to cook them for dinner. Last night we put 3 meals in my freezer - all chicken recipes. Chicken stir-fry, chicken tortilla soup, and smokey black bean chicken roll ups. The recipes are really good and they serve 6 people (supposedly). We had the smokey black bean chicken roll ups tonight and they were really good. All I had to do was pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw, then warm it up on the stove with a few toppings. It was nice not having to worry about what was for dinner and wondering if I was going to have time to cook it because of Lilly's eating schedule. We had about half left over and we are going to eat it for lunch tomorrow! Yum.
Business news... I have my second paid order for the wipes, and a few people interested, but they are all local people. I haven't had any orders from the websites I've set up online. Any tips on how to get online orders???
Aside from that,  I have also started making baby headbands! I am trying to get all the kinks worked out right now, but as soon as I have my finished product I will put it up here for you guys to see. I decided to try to make headbands because I know it hard to find ones for babies that are not completely elastic. The elastic ones leave indentions in the babies head and look really awful when you take them off (and it has to be uncomfortable for them!). Soo.. I thought I might be able to make one with only small elastic in the back and adjustable with buttons, so they will fit the baby for than just a few weeks. :) Future items I am looking to make are personalized sippy cups. I am going to use the same idea as I did for the baby wipes container, but put them on the sippy cups! I think it will be cute. I am excited about it. 
Lillian news: Lillian has been sick with a cold for almost two weeks now! (Maybe that's why I've been so much more busy...!) She is much better today and seems to be getting better daily. Monday I took her to the doctor just to make sure, and she is doing well - just a minor cold. She weighed in at 18lb 8oz, though! 
New things with her: I have started using a sippy cup with her already (because she doesn't like a bottle), she is starting to sit up on her own, we are trying to introduce baby foods, and she is starting to be a lot more vocal. She makes the sounds 'ma-ma' and 'la-la' a lot now. Oh, and I can't forget that she has her first tooth! :) She gets cuter every day!
What else is new? We had a yard sale saturday and made $120.00! We are looking to sell our dining room set, too, to make some extra money and get a smaller, more portable, new one. I think we are going to put it on craigslist. Also, In my deal finding last week, I got 12 Omaha steak burgers for $3.98 (including shipping)! We had some for lunch today and they were good. 

I think that's it for now! I hope to be blogging regularly again soon. I have some other things I'd like to tell you. :)

Love ya.

No comments: